- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp honey (omit for Whole30)
- Fill a medium sauce pot half way with water and bring it to a low boil
- Place a stainless steel bowl over top the pot to create a double boiler
- Spoon the coconut butter into the bowl and stir to allow it to melt. Do not use a microwave to melt the coconut butter, or it will burn.
- Once the coconut butter is mostly melted, stir in the coconut oil until the mixture is entirely liquid
- Carefully remove the bowl from the heat
- Stir in the turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and honey until the mixture turns a bright orange/yellow
- Place the molds (I use 2-3 of these , but you can use another one) onto a plate or plates to keep them leveled
- Using a spoon, pour the mixture carefully into the molds. Use a napkin to remove any overflow.
- Transfer to the fridge for 1-2 hours or until hardened
- Once hardened, remove from the molds and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks, or in the freezer