- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced thin
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 head baby Bok Choy, chopped
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 bricks gluten-free ramen (see notes for AIP)
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Using a large, deep pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and lightly season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through to 165 F. Set aside.
- Using the same pot, saute the onion, garlic and ginger for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is lightly translucent. Add the carrots and mushroom and saute for another 3-4 minutes or until lightly tender. Add the bok choy and saute for another minute to lightly wilt.
- Pour in the broth, lime juice, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and add the chicken back in. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the ramen into the pot and use tongs to break it up. Stir until fully cooked. This will take only a few minutes.
- Serve the soup topped with green onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
For AIP, add 1 pack of Sweet Potato Glass noodles instead of the ramen.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 31.4g
Keywords: asian chicken soup, chicken noodle soup