This Asian Inspired Chili is a flavorful and unique Asian fusion chili that has all of the Asian flavors you love but in a hearty chili. Its paleo, whole30, can be modified to be AIP-friendly and is the perfect freezer meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomato (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (omit for Whole30)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Using a large pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat and season with salt and pepper. Once the beef is cooked, set aside and reserve 2 tbsp of fat in the pan.
- Saute the onion, garlic and ginger for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is lightly translucent.
- Add the carrots, tomato, broth, coconut aminos, fish sauce, apple cider vinegar and five spice. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a low boil and reduce to a simmer for 35 minutes, or until the vegetables and tender and the chili is reduced and flavorful.
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro, and green onion.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 9.1g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 27.7g