This bacon ranch sweet potato salad is the perfect summertime side dish! Serve it at picnics, barbecues, or just for a weeknight dinner. It’s paleo, AIP, and Whole30.
For the potato salad
- 2 large white sweet potatoes, chopped (sub orange sweet potato)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 sprigs green onion, sliced
- 3–4 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch
For the ranch (see notes for storebought)
- Combine all of the ingredients for the ranch in a large glass jar and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Set aside in the fridge.
- Bring a large pot filled two-thirds of the way with water to a low boil over medium heat on a stove top. Add the white sweet potato and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potato can be easily pierced with a fork. Carefully strain the excess water with a colander and allow the sweet potato to cool completely. Pat dry if needed, and chill for 20-30 minutes in the fridge.
- Using a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, celery, bacon, and green onion and carefully mix with the ranch, adding 1/4 a cup at a time. Serve chilled with extra ranch on the side.
If tolerated, sub storebought ranch like Primal Kitchen.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Sides
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 569
- Fat: 42.6g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5g
- Protein: 8g