- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced in half-moons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (plus additional for garnish)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Set the instant pot to sauté and pour in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the leek and garlic saute for 2-3 minutes or until the leek is lightly softened. Turn off the saute function.
- Add the zucchini, chicken broth, lemon juice, basil, salt, pepper to the instant pot and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the instant pot with the valve sealed. Hit “Manual” and set to high pressure for 8 minutes. Allow to come to pressure and cook. Once cooked, hit “cancel” and carefully quick release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes or so before carefully blending with an immersion blender (or a high-speed blender).
- Top with coconut milk to serve along with fresh basil. Serve lukewarm.
If using a stovetop, follow all instructions above, and adjust the cook time of the soup to 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
All nutritional facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Sides
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 9.7g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 7.1g
Keywords: zucchini, basil, leek, soup