These breakfast sausage chicken poppers are the perfect breakfast option with veggies, protein, and flavor in one bite! They’re paleo, whole30, and AIP.
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 cup shredded sweet potato
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, finely diced
- 2–3 slices of bacon, finely diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Take the raw sweet potato and squeeze it with a paper towel or cheesecloth to remove any excess liquid.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Begin rolling the mixture into small poppers about one inch in diameter (you’ll have about 20-25 poppers) and slightly flatten each of them with the palm of your hand. Place them on the baking sheet
- Bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes, flipping halfway through. If desired, crisp further in a pan or place under the broiler if desired for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when thoroughly cooked through and the internal temperature reads 165 F.
- Allow to cool and serve immediately, or store in the fridge or freezer as a make-ahead breakfast!
ALL INGREDIENTS ARE RAW.
PLEASE SEE ABOVE FOR SUBSTITUTIONS WITHIN THE BLOG POST.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 21.9g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 22.8g
Keywords: breakfast sausage