- 2 cups butternut squash
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 lb ground chicken (substitute turkey)
- 1 honey crisp apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (sub avocado oil)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (sub cassava flour)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a food processor, rice the butternut squash until fine. Remove from the food processor and set aside. Process the bacon in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Use a large mixing bowl to combine the chopped bacon and ground chicken. Mix the remainder of the ingredients into the chicken mixture and mix well until fully combined.
- Roll the chicken mixture into small chicken poppers, slightly flattening with the palm of your hand. Place on a baking sheet evenly spaced.
- Place in the oven for 25-28 minutes, flipping half-way through. Crisp further in a pan or place under the broiler if desired for 1-2 minutes to crisp further. Remove from the oven when thoroughly cooked through
- Allow to cool and serve by themselves or with a refined sugar-free cranberry sauce (or completely sugar-free for Whole30).
All nutritional facts are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 17.8g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 23.1g