- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped in florets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt (divided)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste/nightshade free sauce for AIP
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and prepare a 9×13″ casserole dish, or another large casserole dish.
- Steam the cauliflower by filling a soup pot with about 2 inches of water and bringing to a simmer. Add a steamer basket and cover with a lid. Steam for 5-8 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender. Set aside to cool.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled, combine with the coconut oil and about 1/4 tsp of salt in a food processor. Blend until fully mashed and set aside.
- Using a large deep skillet, salt the ground beef and add it to the pan. Start to brown the ground beef and add in the tomato paste (or AIP alternative) and coconut aminos, continually stirring as it cooks. Once browned, set the meat aside and drain the excess fat, keeping about 2 tbsp in the pan.
- Using the same pan, saute the onions until translucent. add the carrots and celery and saute for about 5-7 minutes or until slightly fork tender.
- Add the ground beef, rosemary, and thyme into the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Pour the beef mixture into the bottom of the casserole dish and top with mashed cauliflower.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
To cut down the cook time, cook the cauliflower and ground beef simultaneously.
All nutritional information are estimates and will vary.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Main Dish
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 27.6g