This chicken bacon ranch casserole is a delicious main dish or breakfast option! It’s paleo, whole30, and AIP.
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 5 cups white sweet potato (or orange sweet potato or regular potato if tolerated), chopped
- 1 tsp salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup compliant ranch dressing (use this for AIP or this for whole30/paleo)
- 1–2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and grease a 9×13″ casserole dish.
- Add the sweet potato to the baking dish and top with 2 tbsp of avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cooked and lightly crispy.
- While the potatoes bake, add the chicken to a bowl and cover with coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven. Drain the excess coconut milk and add the chicken on top of the potatoes along with the ranch dressing and 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Gently stir to combine.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 more minutes or until the internal temperature of the chickenreads 165 F.
- Remove from the oven and top with nutrtional yeast, cooked bacon, chives, and green onion.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 796
- Fat: 51.1g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 45.3g