This chicken marsala has all of the flavors of the classic but is made to be paleo, whole30, and AIP compliant!
- 3–4 tbsp olive oil (substitute avocado oil)
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Using a large deep pan, heat 3 tbsp of oil on medium heat.
- Add the salt and pepper to the chicken cutlets on both sides and dredge in arrowroot starch until fully coated.
- Drop the chicken cutlets into the hot oil and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until crispy and internal temperature reads 165 F. Set the chicken aside.
- Using the same pan, add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add more oil if needed along with the mushrooms and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Pour in the chicken broth and sherry vinegar and bring to a low simmer.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Top with parsley and salt further to taste.
Please note all nutrition information is an estimation.
- Category: one pot meals
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 14.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.6g