- 3/4 cups coconut butter (also referred to as coconut mana and coconut cream concentrate)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup collagen peptides or hydrosolate
- 15–18 slices of freeze dried strawberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp to grease a glass pyrex dish
- 1 tbsp carob powder for AIP or cocoa if tolerated
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- FOR THE OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (softened by not melted)
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Grease a glass pyrex dish (like this one ) with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut butter, shredded coconut and coconut oil to a bowl and stir to combine. You want the mixture to be soft, but not melted!
- Add the collagen, honey and carob/cocoa powder to the mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture in the glass pyrex dish and flatten evenly.
- Top with freeze dried strawberries (or other fruit as desired)
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour
- After the bars are chilled, remove them from the fridge and allow to soften for about 5-10 minutes until attempting to slice them into 9 separate bars.
- Prepare the frosting (optional) by adding the ingredients to a bowl and mixing vigorously. Heat for just a few seconds to soften if needed, but don’t allow it to melt.
- Pour the frosting mixture into a piping bag or just a plastic bag with the tip cut off and drizzle over the bars. NOTE that the frosting needs to dry on the surface area on the bars or it may easily flake off.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
These bars are best cold and will eventually melt if left if heat. Try and keep them cool!