- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 c + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 scoops collagen peptides
- 1/2 ground tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol free)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- For the frosting (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (softened by not melted)
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a parchment lined baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Combine coconut flour and collagen in a mixing bowl
- Add the coconut oil and stir vigorously until well combined. You want the coconut oil to be softened, but not melted.
- Add the remainder on the ingredients and combine.
- Form the dough into cookies (you’ll have about 7-8 medium sized cookies) and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, being careful to not let them burn. Expect the edges to crisp a bit.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
- While the cookies are still warm but not hot, prepare the frosting (optional) by adding the ingredients to a bowl and mixing vigorously. Heat for just a few seconds to soften if needed, but don’t allow it to melt.
- Pour the frosting mixture into a piping bag or just a plastic bag with the tip cut off and drizzle over the cookies. The heat from the cookies should help melt the frosting over the cookies.
- Throw the cookies in your purse as a snack, in your lunch box, or eat them as a snack at home!