- 3 large zucchinis
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce of choice
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (optional, sub-dairy-free cheese)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini in half vertically and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh inside the zucchini. Place on the baking sheet and spray with avocado oil spray (or brush with avocado oil). Set aside.
- Using a large pan, preheat on medium heat and add the beef, onion, and garlic, and season with Italian seasoning. Crumble the ground beef until browned and the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stuff the zucchini with the beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese (if using). Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the zucchini is softened and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before topping with chopped parsley and serving with a fork and knife.
Use this marinara sauce for AIP.
Save the inside of the zucchini flesh to add to soups, sauces, etc!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 5.6g