This wedge salad is a delicious and easy side or main dish to serve for warmer days. It’s paleo, whole30, keto, and easy to make AIP.
- 3–4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 romaine hearts
- 1/4–1/3 cup dairy-free ranch dressing (see below for options)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 6–8 grape tomatoes, sliced (omit for AIP)
- 4–6 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 tsp chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Using a large skillet, cook the bacon on medium heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside, leaving about 2 tbsp of fat in the pan.
- Add the shrimp to the same pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp are pink. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Prepare the wedge salad lining up three plates. Washing the romaine hearts well, slice in half and divided between the three plates.
- Dress each salad with the ranch dressing, red onion, tomato, radish, bacon, and shrimp. Finish with chives and black pepper.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 20.3g