- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 yellow onions, sliced thin
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 10–12 oz cauliflower gnocchi, cooked & prepared as directed (Trader Joes brand, or this for AIP)
- 4 oz gruyere cheese (omit for paleo/AIP or sub-dairy-free cheese)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Combine the coconut milk, chicken broth, vinegar, and arrowroot starch in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan on low heat and add the onions. Saute on low for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Add salt at the 10-minute mark and continue to cook for another 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until the onions are soft and caramelized. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using a large skillet, brown the beef and crumble with a wooden spoon. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and bring to a low simmer for 1-2 minutes to thicken. Reincorporate the ground beef, cooked gnocchi, and caramelized onions. Stir to combine and coat until fully combined and coated.
- Serve as is topped with thyme, or grate the cheese over the skillet. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the heat and serve topped with fresh thyme.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 554
- Fat: 30.1g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 27.1g