- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (I like this one)
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (I like the enjoy life brand)
- Pinch of flakey sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a small baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot, ground flax, and baking powder in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Fold in the maple syrup, applesauce, and chocolate chips and stir until a dough forms.
- Add the dough to the baking sheet. Slightly flatten the cookie and form it into a large, round cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until baked through. Allow to cool slightly before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Serve topped with a pinch of flakey sea salt.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 376
- Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 6.7g