Bakery Style Giant Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie
This bakery-style giant chocolate chip cookie is pure decadence! It’s paleo, egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and made with natural sweeteners.
Do you know those huge cookies that you see in the window of a bakery when you’re on vacation? The ones that are cakey, gooey, and have a little sprinkle of sea salt on top? Yup, this is that, but gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and paleo. It’s incredibly delicious and is made with simple, wholesome, and minimal ingredients. Split it with your bestie, or keep it all to yourself… I won’t judge 😉
The Ingredients for this Giant Paleo Cookie
- Almond Flour. I haven’t successfully made this cookie nut-free.
- Arrowroot Starch. You can also use tapioca starch.
- Flax Meal. This helps to bind the cookie a bit.
- Baking Powder. I like this one!
- Apple Sauce.
- Maple Syrup.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips. I like the Enjoy Life brand.
How to make the Giant Paleo Cookie
- Step One. Prepare the dough.
- Step Two. Form into one large cookie on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven.
- Step Three. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and top with salt.
Can you eat the raw cookie dough?
It’s egg-free, so go for it. However, I recommend opting for a recipe like this edible cookie dough since it’s developed specifically for that purpose. This recipe is still made with baking in mind.
Do you need to keep this cookie in the fridge? How long will it last?
Yes, this cookie needs to be refrigerated. You can keep it in the fridge for 3-5 days, or freeze it for up to a month.
Is this cookie a single-serve?
This cookie is more two servings than one. However, you can half the ingredients, or simply save half for later in the freezer!
When I make this cookie, I give a bite or two to my toddler, then my husband, then I pretty much always wind up eating the rest!
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Sheet Pan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (I like this one)
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (I like the enjoy life brand)
- Pinch of flakey sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a small baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot, ground flax, and baking powder in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Fold in the maple syrup, applesauce, and chocolate chips and stir until a dough forms.
- Add the dough to the baking sheet. Slightly flatten the cookie and form it into a large, round cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until baked through. Allow to cool slightly before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Serve topped with a pinch of flakey sea salt.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 376
- Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 6.7g