Copycat Grilled Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
This post contains affiliate links.
These copycat grilled Chick-Fil-A nuggets are easy to make at home, and feel like you’re eating the real deal! This version is made with simple ingredients and is gluten and dairy-free.
What are Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets? What are they made with?
Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets are nonbreaded nuggets that are grilled and coated in a smoky and flavorful spice blend. I used to be quite the Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken enthusiast back in the day myself, but the ingredients don’t exactly give off the most wholesome, homemade type of vibe. According to their website, they’re made with ingredients like chicken containing a water solution and high oleic canola oil, and additives like calcium disodium EDTA, dimethylpolysiloxane… etc.
However, there are still some recognizable ingredients in the recipe (garlic powder, paprika, apple cider vinegar, etc.) that we can use at home to replicate the flavor without any of the additives!
The Ingredients for copycat Chick-fil-A Grilled Nuggets
- Chicken Breast.
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Lemon Juice.
- Paprika, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, and Onion. These recognizable ingredients add great flavor to the chicken nuggets!
- Mayo. You can sub coconut cream for AIP.
- Mustard. You can use this for AIP.
- BBQ Sauce. You can use this for AIP.
How to make copycat Chick-Fil-A grilled nuggets
- Step One. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes with vinegar and spices.
- Step Two. Prep the grill and grill the nuggets 3-4 minutes on each side, rotating carefully to preserve the grill marks. Cook until grill marks form and the chicken is cooked through to 165 F. Set aside and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Step Three. Prep the sauce.
- Step Four. Serve with the sauce and fries!
How do you make this recipe AIP?
I made these without the paprika as well, and they’re still yummy. However, if you can tolerate the paprika, it’s a pretty key ingredient to get the look and feel of the original recipe.
What do you serve this recipe with?
You’ll also love…Print
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika (see notes for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
FOR THE CHICK-FIL-A SAUCE
- Pat the chicken breast dry and add to a bowl. Top with the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. Allow marinating in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill pan (or outdoor grill) by preheating to medium-high heat and greasing with cooking oil like avocado oil. Use tongs to add the chicken to the grill surface.
- Allow to grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, rotating carefully to preserve the grill marks. Cook until grill marks form and the chicken is cooked through to 165 F. Set aside and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- While the chicken rests, prepare the chick-fil-a sauce by combing the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve the nuggets with the sauce and a side of sweet potato fries if desired.
To make AIP, remove paprika and black pepper.
If using a smaller indoor grill pan, grill in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 13.3g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1g
- Protein: 25.7g