This gnocchi chicken soup is an olive garden copycat made with real food ingredients at home. This soup is paleo, dairy-free, and gluten-free friendly.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast (or thigh), cubed
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 12 oz cauliflower gnocchi (Trader Joes, or homemade for AIP… see notes)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Using a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken and lightly season. Remove from the pot and set aside when the chicken is cooked to 165 F.
- Add the onion to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the celery and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, whisk together the coconut milk and arrowroot starch. Pour into the pot along with the chicken broth, additional seasoning, cooked chicken, shredded carrots, and gnocchi. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the spinach and allow to wilt.
- Serve warm topped with parsley.
If using homemade gnocchi, skip the baking and simply boil the gnocchi as directed.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top