This pickled watermelon radish is a beautiful and healthy condiment that’s perfect for adding to your next salad or bowl! It’s made without refined sugar or white vinegar.
- 1 watermelon radish
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp peppercorns (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- Wash the watermelon radish well to remove any dirt or impurities. Using a mandolin slicer or knife, slice the watermelon radish thin. Stack the radish in a clean glass jar and add the peppercorns and bay leaf. Set aside.
- Using a small saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, salt, and coconut sugar. Place over medium heat and whisk to combine. Allow to come to a simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully pour the liquid over the watermelon radish, fully covering the radish. Allow to cool before covering the jar with a lid and placing it in the fridge. Allow to cool in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour before enjoying and keep for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: global
Keywords: pickled watermelon radish