- 4–5 slices of bacon (use sugar free for Whole 30)
- 1 lb jicama, peeled and diced
- 1.5 cups kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 large leek
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
- Optional – 1/2 tsp cumin or red pepper (omit for AIP)
- Using a large cast iron skillet, cook the bacon on medium heat until crispy.
- Set the bacon aside and remove some of the fat from the pan, leaving 1-2 tbsp to fry the jicama
- Pour the jicama into the pan and fry for 5-6 minutes on medium heat, rotating often with a wooden spoon or spatula to avoid burning
- While the jicama is cooking, prepare the kale and leek. Remove the greens and the root from the leek, slice the white stalk of the leek into half moons, and wash them thoroughly.
- Add in the kale and leeks and season with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the greens are soft
- Chop the bacon and add it back into the hash
- Serve warm
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 22.7g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3g
- Fiber: 12.9g
- Protein: 10.4g