- 1 1/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- For the gelatin egg (sub 1 regular egg)
- 1 tbsp gelatin (great lakes or vital proteins)
- 1/4 cup water
- For topping
- 1 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper that’s lightly greased
- Sift the tigernut flour and tapioca starch together and set aside
- Add in the coconut oil, lemon juice and maple syrup and stir
- Stir in the baking soda and fresh blueberries
- For the gelatin egg (sub 1 regular egg if tolerated) add the water to a small sauce pot and slowly pour over the 1 tbsp gelatin. You don’t want any clumps, so lightly mix if needed. Allow the mixture to rest and bloom over 2-3 minutes. Place the pot on the stove and turn in on low heat. Slowly melt the the gelatin (this will take just a few minutes) and remove from heat. Once removed from the stove, vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy. Add the gelatin egg to the mixture immediately and mix to combine.
- Once the dough in thoroughly combined, place it onto a cutting board and form it into a large circle, keeping it about an inch in height.
- Use a pizza roller or a knife to slice the dough into 6 triangular scones
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Add the lemon zest, drizzle on the coconut butter and enjoy!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 13.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.4g