For the sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
For the stir fry
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- 1 1/2 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (omit for AIP)
- Whisk the ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.
- Add the cubed chicken to a bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper. Toss with arrowroot starch until coated.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini to the pan and allow to sit for about 2-3 minutes on one side before turning. Saute for another 3-4 minutes or until tender. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the sauce. Stir until the sauce is thickened and coats the stir fry.
- Serve warm topped with sesame seeds.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7g
- Protein: 25.8g
Keywords: panda express mushroom chicken