- 7–8 large Medjool dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 pint Cosmic Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Bean Frozen Dessert, soft
- 3/4 cup mixed berries (plus extra for topping)
- 2 tbsp melted dairy-free chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9×5″ loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper and setting aside.
- Pit the dates and discard the pit. If the dates are hard, soak in warm water for 5 minutes to soften. Drain the water.
- Combine the shredded coconut and pitted in a food processor and blend until fully combined.
- Press the crust into the loaf pan by pressing it down with your hands. Spread to evenly disperse. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, combine the softened ice cream and berries by carefully folding with a silicone spatula, being careful not to crush the berries.
- Add the ice cream mixture to the loaf pan and press down with the silicone spatula to flatten. Top the ice cream with more fresh berries and drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
- Transfer to the freezer and allow to harden for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Allow it to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before carefully removing it from the loaf pan and transferring it to a cutting board. Slice and serve cold.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: global
Keywords: gluten free ice cream cake