- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Using a large skillet, heat the 2 tbsp of oil over medium-low heat. Add the chicken and season. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the chicken begins to lightly brown. Flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the mushrooms soften. Sprinkle in the arrowroot starch and stir to coat the mushrooms.
- Pour the broth and coconut cream into the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and stir to coat in the sauce. Cover and allow to simmer for another 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the spinach. Stir to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Top the skillet with fresh parsley, and remove from the heat. Serve with a side of your choice.