This one pot lasagna features everything you love about lasagna without the grains or dairy! It’s the perfect one pot meal for a busy weeknight that the whole family will love. It’s paleo, whole30, AIP, and keto friendly.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup sugar-free marinara sauce (use this or this for AIP)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (plus extra for garnish if desired)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Optional- 10-15 Sliced grape tomatoes (omit for AIP)
- Chop the ends off of the zucchinis, and use a mandolin slicer or a peeler to slice the zucchinis into long, thin strips. Pat them down with paper towels to remove excess water and set aside.
- Use a large, deep skillet to brown the ground beef. Season with 1/2 tsp sea salt, and set aside when cooked, keeping about 2 tbsp of the fat in the pan.
- Cook the onions and garlic in the same pan on medium heat until fragrant. Add in the mushrooms, zucchini slices and saute for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add back in the ground beef, as well as the marinara sauce, the remainder of the seasonings. Cook for a few minutes to combine the flavors, and stir in the spinach at the very end. Stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Top with sliced grape tomatoes (omit for AIP), extra seasoning to taste, and serve!