This oven-roasted rutabaga is a delicious way to cook an under-utilized vegetable! This recipe is paleo, whole30, AIP, and vegan-friendly.
- 2 medium rutabagas, peeled and chopped into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 sprigs of thyme leaves
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the rutabaga to the baking sheet and top with avocado oil and seasonings. Toss to coat well.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, tossing once or twice while in the oven to evenly roast.
- Serve fresh or store for 2-3 days in the fridge.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 2g