- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (sub carob for AIP)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Assemble a double boiler with a medium sized pot filled halfway with water. Bring the water to a simmer and place a metal mixing bowl over the pot.
- Pour the coconut butter and coconut oil into the metal bowl and allow it to slowly melt, mixing often. Once the mixture is melted and completely liquid use an oven mitt to remove the bowl from the heat.
- Using a fine mesh sifter, sift the cocoa or carob powder into the coconut butter mixture to ensure that there are no clumps. Stir in the maple syrup and thoroughly combine.
- Prepare your mold of choice (either 1-2 gelt molds like this, a circular one like this, or a silicone mini muffin pan) and carefully spoon the mixture in, being careful not to overfill. If using a silicone mini muffin pan, only coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour or two or until the mixture is fully hardened. Remove from the fridge and carefully pop out of the mold. Serve in foil or by itself and store in the fridge.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 18.4g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 0.4g