This apple crisp is the perfect fall dessert for Thanksgiving! It’s paleo, AIP, vegan, and easy to make.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened (also known as coconut mana)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven for 375 F and prepare and 8×8″ baking sheet
- Prepare the apples by chopping into large square pieces, discarding the core. Pour the apples into a bowl and combine with 2 tbsp coconut oil, cinnamon and the juice of half a lemon. Scoop the apples into the baking dish and set aside
- Make the crisp by combining the shredded coconut, coconut flour, and tapioca starch and mixing well. Add in 1/3 cup of coconut oil, the coconut butter, maple syrup and mix well.
- Using your hands, evenly spread out the crisp mixture onto the apples, pushing down to spread out.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the crisp is golden brown.
- Serve by itself or with compliant ice cream
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 455
- Fat: 31.8g
- Carbohydrates: 44.3g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Protein: 2g