This egg roll soup is a warming and comforting dish that has all of the flavors of an egg roll!
- 1 lb ground pork (see above for substitutions)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (sub sesame oil for non-AIP/if tolerated)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 small green cabbage, sliced into strips
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 –1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Optional- Sriracha to taste (omit for AIP)
- Using a large pot, brown the ground pork on medium heat and lightly salt. Set aside when cooked and discard the fat.
- Melt the coconut oil in the pot on medium heat and add the diced onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until lightly translucent.
- Add the carrot and gently saute for a few minutes until the carrots soften slightly.
- Pour in the broth, cabbage, cooked pork, coconut aminos, garlic powder, and grated ginger and mix well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Season further to taste and top the soup with sliced green onion to serve.
The photos of this recipe and all written content on my website are copyright protected and cannot be copied or shared. Please do not copy this recipe or photos and share it on your own website, Instagram, or other written materials. If you’d like to feature a photo in a roundup, please contact me. If you’d like to tell people about this recipe on social media, your own website, or elsewhere please link back to the recipe here rather than copy and pasting. Thank you so much!!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: one pot meals
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 24.8g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 20.4g