- Sift together the two flours and baking soda in a large mixing bowl
- Add in the almond butter and maple syrup, ensuring that the almond butter is creamy.
- Pour in the almond milk and stir well. The batter should be thinner but not overly runny.
- Using a large skillet (preferably cast iron or something that will not stick… this batter is very sticky) melt a tbsp of coconut oil on medium-low heat.
- Using a TBSP measure, scoop one table spoon of batter at a time into the skillet, frying only 3 pancakes at a time. Fry on low heat until the edges begin to cook, and carefully flip the pancakes to finish cooking. Remove the cooked pancakes and set aside.
- Repeat the process until batter is finished and add more coconut oil as needed.
- To assemble the skewers, layer one pancake, one piece of fruit, one pancake and finish with more fruit. You’ll have two-three pieces of fruit, and two pancakes per toothpick, and will have enough for 10-12 toothpicks. Top with extra maple syrup if desired and serve!