This pumpkin chili is rich and hearty! It’s nightshade optional, whole30, paleo, and easy to make AIP.
- 1 lb ground beef (sub turkey)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups carrot, chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup diced tomatoes/nomato sauce for AIP
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1–2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- optional- 2 tsp chili powder (omit for AIP)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Dairy-free sour cream
- Using a large stock pot or dutch oven, saute the ground beef on medium heat until browned. Remove from the pot and set aside. Reserve about half of the fat in the pot for cooking.
- Saute the onions and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for another few minutes.
- Add in the carrots and sweet potato and cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Pour the broth, tomato/nomato sauce, pumpkin puree, and ground beef and stir well. Add the seasonings (reserving half of the cilantro for garnish) and stir well.
- Bring the chili to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste to ensure the veggies are cooked to liking and season further to taste.
- Serve the chili topped with avocado, dairy-free sour cream, and cilantro.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 20.5g