- 1 cup sweet potato, baked and mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 4 tbsp collagen peptides
- 3 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp for greasing the pan
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped cooked – Optional
- FOR THE GELATIN EGG (sub 1 regular egg if tolerated)
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking dish (I used an 8×6″ dish) with parchment paper lightly greased with 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Add the coconut flour, sweet potato, tapioca starch, and collagen into a mixing bowl and stir to evenly combine
- Next, add the coconut oil, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and mix
- For the gelatin egg (sub 1 regular egg if tolerated) add the water to a small sauce pot and slowly pour over the gelatin. You don’t want any clumps, so lightly mix if needed. Allow the mixture to rest and bloom over 2-3 minutes.
- Place the pot on the stove and turn in on low heat. Slowly melt the the gelatin (this will take just a few minutes) and remove from heat.
- Once removed from the stove, vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy.
- Add the gelatin egg to the mixture immediately and mix to combine.
- Pour the dough (it will be fairly dry) into the pan and evenly flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Remove the bars from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes
- Slice evenly into squares (you should have 9 bars) and top with chopped bacon
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheat under the broiler in the oven.