- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 2 tsp dried basil, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (see notes for AIP)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce (see notes for AIP)
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (see note for paleo/AIP)
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup gluten-free elbow pasta (sub cassava pasta for paleo/AIP)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Using a large dutch oven or stockpot, add the ground beef and crumble the ground beef until browned. Lightly season with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan along with the onion, celery, and carrots. Saute for 5-6 minutes or until fork-tender. Add the garlic and saute for about a minute or until lightly fragrant.
- Add the diced tomato, tomato sauce, broth, beans, white wine vinegar, additional seasonings, and cooked ground beef. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta and stir well. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or so, stirring often until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley and stir in nutritional yeast if a cheesy flavor is desired! Season further with salt and pepper to taste.
To make this soup AIP, omit the pepper and sub 3 cups of nomato sauce for the tomato. Omit the beans and sub more veggies.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 469
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 58.2g
- Fiber: 10.4f
- Protein: 41.4g
Keywords: pasta fagioli soup, gluten free pasta fagioli soup