- 1 small beet, peeled and halved (see notes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk for non-AIP)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (sub vanilla bean powder for AIP)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp honey (omit for whole30)
- Add the beet to a small saucepan and cover with just enough water to cover the top of the beet. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Using a high-speed blender, blend the beet with 1/2 cup of water until smooth.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a large mug and pour the beet mixture through the strainer and into the mug. Use a spoon to push down the beet pulp to draw out any excess liquid. Save the pulp to add to soups, sauces, or mix it into the drink if desired.
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan until warm. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and honey. Whisk until fully incorporated. Use a milk frother if desired to froth the latte.
- Pour the milk into the mug with the beet mixture and serve warm.
Save time by buying precooked beets, like the Love Beet brand!
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: drink
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving