Pink Beet Latte (Paleo, Whole30, AIP)
This post contains affiliate links.
This pink beet latte is an amazingly cute and tasty latte! It’s dairy-free, easy to make, and nutrient-dense.
Beautiful lattes are the best! We eat with our eyes first and a gorgeous latte with beautiful color and some swirly milk is always a fun treat. And with Instagram making lattes like golden milk and matcha lattes more and more popular, I think we’re all into the idea of yummy and healthy drinks.
This beautiful pink beet latte isn’t just yummy and pretty, but it’s nutrient-dense with the addition of fresh beets! Now that’s a good latte!
The Ingredients for this recipe
- Beets. Beets are rich in color and nutrients and make the perfect base for this latte!
- Cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Coconut milk. You can also use almond milk!
How to make this pink beet latte
- Simmer the beet until fork tender. Add the beet to a small saucepan and cover with just enough water to cover the top of the beet. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Blend & strain. Using a high-speed blender, blend the beet with the water. Strain out the pulp.
- Combine the latte. Heat the milk in a medium saucepan until (or keep cold for an iced latte). Add the flavorings and froth the milk. Add to a glass or mug along with the beet mixture and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Save the pulp! The pulp is great for adding to soup, sauces, or smoothies.
- Add extra flavoring. You can make this latte as sweet or as earthy as you want. Add extra maple syrup for a sweeter latte, or add ginger for a kick.
If you like this recipe, you may also like…Print
- 1 small beet, peeled and roughly chopped (see notes)
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk for non-AIP)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (sub vanilla bean powder for AIP)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup (omit for whole30)
- Add the beet to a small saucepan and cover with just enough water to cover the top of the beet. Bring to a low simmer for about 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Using a high-speed blender, blend the beet with the cooking liquid. Place a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the beet mixture through the strainer. Use a spoon to push down the beet pulp to draw out any excess liquid. Save the pulp to add to soups, and sauces, or mix it into the drink if desired.
- To make a hot latte: Heat the milk in a medium saucepan until warm. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup at the end. Whisk until fully incorporated. Use a milk frother if desired to froth the latte. Pour the milk into the mug with the beet mixture and serve warm.
- To make an iced latte: Combine the milk with the vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup. Use a milk frother to froth the milk. Add ice to a glass and pour in the milk and beet mixture. Serve chilled.
Save time by buying precooked beets, like the Love Beet brand!
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: drink
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
This recipe was published in 2019 and updated in 2024.