- FOR THE SALAD
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or other solid cooking fat (for roasting the beets)
- 1 small/medium beet, peeled and cubed
- 3–4 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chives (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Add the beets to a baking sheet and top with cooking fat and salt
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool.
- Assemble the salad, and add the beets
- For the dressing, combine the ingredients and whisk together
- Add the dressing to the salad and enjoy!
- Add protein like chicken, sardines, or salmon if desired, or eat as a side.