- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- Juice of half a lime
- 3 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped coconut cream (optional)
- Mint leaves
- Add the watermelon to a blender or food processor and blend until fully liquid. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain out the juice using a silicone spatula to push down the watermelon pulp. You should have about 2 3/4 cups of watermelon juice.
- Add the watermelon juice to a medium pot and stir in the arrowroot, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and lime juice. Whisk well until fully combined.
- Set the stove to medium-low heat and place the pot over the heat. Bring to a low simmer, stirring often. Let the mixture bubble on low for about 3-4 minutes to allow it to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring into 3 or 4 small dessert bowls. Cover and transfer to the fridge and allow to set for at least 4 hours or overnight. The pudding should be thick, almost like a thin jello.
- Serve chilled topped with whipped coconut cream and mint leaves if desired.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 155
- Fat: .3g
- Carbohydrates: 39.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.5g