- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup green peas (omit for AIP)
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Combine the coconut milk, broth, lime juice, and coconut aminos, turmeric, and seasonings in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the chicken, vegetables and coconut oil to the slow cooker and toss. Pour the coconut milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set it on high for 4 hours. At the last 20-30 minutes, add the green peas and toss.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker and allow to cool slightly before spooning the chicken and vegetables into a bowl with a side of your choice, also spooning over some of the cooking liquid. Serve topped with cilantro and lime juice.
As an optional ingredient, you can add 1-3 tsp yellow curry paste to this recipe. I keep it nightshade free with just the turmeric, but curry paste would be a great addition!
If you’re omitting the peas for AIP, swap out chopped kale instead!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 21.7g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 29.7g