This strawberry rhubarb crisp screams summertime! It’s packed with flavor and is a healthier paleo version a classic.
For the filing
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
For the topping
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease an 8×8″ baking dish
- Add the filling ingredients to the baking dish and toss to combine. Set aside.
- For the crisp topping, combine the shredded coconut and the flours in a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and stir until the crisp topping dough forms.
- Add the topping to the filling and use your hands or a spatula to evenly spread the crisp topping until it’s covering all of the filling.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the crisp topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving by itself or with a dairy-free vanilla ice cream.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: desserts
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 19.3g
- Carbohydrates: 33.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 2.6g
Keywords: strawberry rhubarb crisp