For the filing
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
For the crust
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare an 8×8″ baking dish
- Add the filling ingredients to the baking dish and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- For the crisp topping, combine the shredded coconut and the flours in a large mixing bowl. Stir in coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Use your hands to evenly spread out the crisp topping over the strawberry rhubarb filling.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until topping is crisped.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving by itself or with a compliant vanilla ice cream.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: desserts
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 19.3g
- Carbohydrates: 33.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 2.6g
Keywords: strawberry rhubarb crisp