- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 8 grain-free tortillas (I use Siete almond tortillas, see notes for AIP)
- Avocado oil spray
Toppings of choice
- Diced red onion
- Cilantro avocado sauce
- Fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat a large skillet and add the ground beef, onion, and season with salt and pepper. Crumble the ground beef until browned. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat the avocado oil and saute the sweet potato for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender. Add the ground beef back to the pan and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, fresh cilantro, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Heat the tortillas for about 5-10 seconds to make them more pliable. Spoon about 2 spoonfuls of the beef and sweet potato mixture. Roll into a tight taquito and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with all of the tortillas. Spray with avocado oil spray.
- Bake the taquitos in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until crisp (see notes for air fryer instructions)
- Serve warm topped with toppings of your choice.
- For AIP, use homemade tortillas or 4 Siete burrito-sized tortillas that are halved. These are available in stores.
- To make in the air fryer cook at 370 for 6-8 minutes or until crisped to your liking.
- All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 taquito
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 10.8g