- 2 cups shredded white sweet potato (I use a cheese grater, or a food processor)
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (solid) + 1/4 cup or more for frying
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Green onion for topping & apple sauce or compliant sour cream on the side for dipping
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potato, onion, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, 2 tbsp of coconut oil, salt and pepper and mix well until combined
- Next, use a large (and preferably deep) skillet to melt 1/4 cup of coconut oil on medium heat
- Form the latke mixture into patties the size of the palm of your hand and lightly flatten them. You want them to be around 1/4″-1/3″ inch thick, so they’re on the thinner side, but also don’t break. You should have about 4-5 latkes.
- Drop the latkes into the frying oil and cook about 1-2 at a time. Allow to fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and flip with a spatula.
- Once they’re evenly browned, remove the latkes from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Top with green onion and serve with apple sauce, and enjoy!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 latke
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 16.8g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 2.3g