For the sweet potato buns
- 2–3 large, round sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the sliders
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
For the toppings
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Quick pickled onions
For the buns
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. One sheet for the sliders, the other for the buns.
- Wash the sweet potato well to remove any impurities.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into buns about 1/4th inch thick. You want about 8 buns if you’re doing an open faced slider, or 16 if you want two buns.
- Evenly space the sweet potato buns on a baking sheet and coat with coconut oil and salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crisped to liking. Set aside and allow to cool.
For the burgers
- Form the ground beef into small sliders (about 8) and season on both sides.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes (or until cooked through), flipping halfway. See notes for other cooking methods.
- Top the sweet potato buns with arugula, burger, pickled onions and avocado. Finish with another bun, or leave open faced.
You can also grill or fry the burgers! This method is easier and still tastes great 🙂
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 13.6g