This zucchini pizza crust is the perfect veggie pizza crust! It’s grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and egg free.
For the pizza crust & toppings
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled, shredded and excess water drained
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water & 1 tbsp gelatin (sub 1 egg if tolerated)
- 1 cup sauce of choice (nomato sauce for AIP)
- Other toppings as desired
For the cauliflower cheese topping (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup cauliflower, steamed
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper that’s lightly greased with olive oil.
- Combine the zucchini with the tapioca starch, coconut flour, and nutritional yeast, salt, baking soda, and garlic, and mix.
- Pour in the olive oil and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Use 1 regular egg if tolerated, or prepare the gelatin egg by pouring the water into a small pot and sprinkling over the gelatin. Allow hardening for 2-3 minutes. Add the pot to the stove top set to low heat and allow to melt and return to liquid. This should take 1-2 minutes. Once liquid, whisk vigorously until frothy. Add to the crust mixture and stir well to combine.
- Add the dough to the prepared baking sheet and form into a thin 8-9″ crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. The crust should be lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with desired toppings like sauce, cauliflower cheese (recipe below), etc.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 F and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or so to heat the toppings.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before carefully slicing and enjoying.
For the cauliflower cheese
- While the cauliflower is still warm, strain some, but not all of the excess water.
- Use a food processor to blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the mixture into a thin, even layer on the parchment paper. Allow setting in the fridge for 1 hr or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once set, use a biscuit cutter or another mold to cut cheese slices and place on the cooked pizza crust before baking for another 5 minutes.
Nutritional information is an estimation and will vary. Only applies to pizza crust.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Serving Size: 3 slices
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 40.7g
- Protein: 6.5g