This zucchini ravioli is a grain and dairy-free alternative to this pasta classic! It’s made with zucchini pasta, a cauliflower “cheese” filling, and is paleo, keto, AIP, and vegan-friendly.
For the cauliflower “cheese”
- 2 cups cauliflower, steamed
- 3 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
For the ravioli
- 2 medium zucchini’s
- 1 1/2 cup compliant marinara sauce (use nomato sauce for AIP)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
For the cauliflower cheese
- Using a nut milk bag or paper towel, lightly strain the cauliflower to draw out some (but not all) of the excess water.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and blend with 2 tbsp of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Using a small saute pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on low heat.
- Saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the spinach and allow to wilt over 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the spinach and garlic into the cauliflower mixture and set aside.
For the zucchini ravioli
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and set aside a large baking dish.
- Wash the zucchini and slice off the ends. Use a mandolin slicer or peeler to slice into thin slices. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and dab with a paper towel to remove some excess water.
- Begin assembling the ravioli by layering two slices or zucchini vertically and two horizontally in a plus sign formation. Add a large spoonful of the cauliflower “cheese”.
- Carefully fold the zucchini to secure the ravioli and place in a baking dish with the folded side down. Repeat until the baking dish is full. You should have about six large raviolis.
- Top with sauce of choice and bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with sliced basil. Serve with a knife and fork.
All nutritional facts are estimates and will vary.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 2 raviolis
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 15.9g
- Carbohydrates: 15.9g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: zucchini ravioli, ravioli, vegan, paleo, keto