This anti-inflammatory turmeric cabbage soup is the perfect nutrient-dense and nourishing meal. It’s paleo, whole30, and can be made AIP.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 medium green cabbage, sliced and cored
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 14– 16 oz shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Using a large stock pot, heat the avocado oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger for 3-4 minutes or until onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add celery and carrots to the pot and saute for another 3-4 minutes to slightly soften.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 2-3 minutes to slightly cook down.
- Pour in the broth, “tomato’ sauce, apple cider vinegar, turmeric powder, salt, and chicken. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a low simmer and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the soup is flavorful.
- Add more seasoning to taste. Serve topped with fresh parsley.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: One Pot
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 317
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 27.9g
- Fiber: 9.4g
- Protein: 29.3g
Keywords: turmeric cabbage soup