This cabbage roll soup is a rich, savory and nourishing one-pot meal. It’s paleo, whole30, and can be made to be AIP.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, riced
- 1 medium green cabbage, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Using a large, heavy cast iron pan or stock pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Lightly season and use a wooden spoon to crumble. Once browned, set aside and leave about 2 tbsp of fat in the pan (or add avocado if needed).
- Add the onion to the same pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly translucent. Add in the garlic, carrots, and cauliflower rice and cook for another 3-4 minutes to lightly soften. Stir in the cabbage and allow to wilt for 2 minutes
- Add the beef back to the pot and stir in the broth, tomato sauce, lemon juice and oregano. Stir well and bring to a low simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 30-35 minutes. The vegetables should be softened and the soup should lightly reduce.
- Season the soup to taste and top with fresh parsley to serve.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: One Pot
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2g
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Protein: 33.3g