For the sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (sub apple cider vinegar for AIP/grain-free)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
For the chow mein
- 12 oz gluten-free spaghetti noodles (sub grain-free noodles)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped into 1” pieces
- Whisk the ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Strain and lightly coat in olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Using a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and lightly season. Stir fry for 4 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the vegetables. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted and the carrots are soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the chicken back to the pan, as well as the cooked noodles. Pour the sauce into the pan and stir to coat until the sauce is thick and coating the noodles well.
- Serve fresh in bowls.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 605
- Fat: 14.8g
- Carbohydrates: 78g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 37.6g