- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the glaze
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dairy-free milk
- Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a loaf pan with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the ground flax and water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add all of apple sauce, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl before pouring into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula to form the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan, using the spatula to evenly flatten.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until baked through. To check for doneness, insert a tooth pick into the bread, and once the toothpick comes out clean, the loaf is done!
- Carefully remove from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack for 20-25 minutes.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar with lemon juice and dairy free milk. Stir until a smooth glaze forms.
- Pour the glaze over the lemon loaf, topping with extra lemon zest. Allow the glaze to set before slicing and serving!
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 12.6g
- Carbohydrates: 41.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 4.8g