This gluten-free pizza soup is made with ground beef, black olives, gluten-free pasta, and more that make it taste just like pizza! It’s gluten-free, and can easily be made paleo and AIP-friendly.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups tomato sauce (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup gluten-free farfalle (sub grain-free penne for AIP/paleo)
- Fresh chopped basil and parsley, for topping
- Using a large pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper. One browned, set aside, reserving 2 tbsp of fat in the pot
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onions and lightly translucent.
- Add the ground beef back to the pot along with the tomato sauce, broth, mushrooms, olives, oregano, and parsley. Bring to a low boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are lightly tender.
- Add the pasta to the soup and stir well to combine. Allow to simmer for 10-11 minutes or until the pasta is tender and cooked to your liking.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley, basil and salt further to taste.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 32.3g